Flunking the Cultural Purity Test

The problem is, I just don't "get" it. Somehow, I remain obtuse to the great received truths of our age as delivered by those with the authority to deliver them.

I neither swim in the cultural zeitgeist nor accord it the proper respect as is its due.

When others remind me that mine are not the opinions widely regarded as acceptable

Amongst the many lessons which I have failed to grasp

In failing to affirm such fundamental truths as

I have failed to grasp the lessons.


That nearly everyone else lavishes upon it and lavished upon it by so many others who. collectively, must surely benefit from a wisdom greater than my own.

of our citizens.

have shown it who have shown no such reluctance in affirming its truths.

all attempts by the allowable voices to fail to grasp the

No comments: